Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Double Dumb

So, I was up at Ballarat for the weekend at a friend’s farm. The other half likes to speed, a very bad and careless habit, and has racked up a number of speeding fines on his license. It normally takes about 1 and a half hours to drive up to Ballarat from Melbourne, and I think we did this journey in 1 hour. No matter how many times I tell him to slow down, he still puts that foot down. I am beginning to sound like a broken record. There is a stretch of road which everyone seems to like speeding on, so we were barreling down this hilly and bumpy road at 160kms. Afterward he turns to me and says, hey I think the car just bottomed out, I had the pedal all the way to the floor and it just didn’t move anymore. Well, yeah if you hit a cow crossing the road I don’t think YOU’D be moving anymore either!!! And besides what do you expect from a car that’s 14 years young with its life lowered out of it so that every bump on the road feels like a jab up your bum.
Apart from that it was relaxing, nothing much to do except laze around, walk to the dam, catch yabbies, sidestepping goat shit on the ground, gossip with the chicks, eat eat and more eat. The guys built a campfire at night and we had toasted marshmellows. It was only after we left the farm and I was checking out the photos from my camera that I realized how dumb I was. Took photos of a friend’s dog, dog and more dog. There was none of the actual farm itself. D’oh.


Please stop stalking me.

I need to stop being fixated on just one thing. The dog was just too cute. Was trying to take some panoramic shots of the city skyline while driving over the Westgate bridge on the way home but that didnt work either. Double d’oh.

No comments: