Thursday, September 07, 2006

The I-love-myself

Today I had lunch with a colleague. While we were happily chatting away a male "I-love-myself" sat on the table next to us.

Observations on this particular specimen of "I-love'myself":

- Tell the whole word loudly that you are gunning for a job that pays "two and a half k more than what i'm currently on"

- Loudly answer to a question about how you met your new gf "Well, you'd be surprised but we actually met through our personal trainer". D'oh. You mean you actually stopped checking yourself out in the mirror while working out at the gym to say hello to someone other than yourself?

- Making a scene when your gf arrives by greeting her, making it a point to introduce "Susie" to everyone on your table AND THEN, telling Susie, look you go sit over next to James at the end of the table because there's a spare seat there. And the seat wasn't even next to the I-Lurrrveee-Myself!!! Hello, I thought she was your gf.

- Constantly looking towards our table BEFORE your chick arrives hoping that we are able to hear what you are saying and hoping to catch our eye. What a loser.

- Bitchily telling someone who is trying to sit at your table because every other table at the joint is occupied that "sorry we've reserved this table, and yes! all the chairs are taken". What with the attitude?

Finally, dead giveaway of an I-Love-Myself = wearing a polo top with the collar turned up under your designer denim jacket.

Usually I dont care either way if you wish to turn the collar up on your polo top, hey whatever you are comfy with, and I do like a well cut denim jacket. But this guy...sure sign of a I-Love-myself. For some reason, this person really irritated me today. I was just trying to enjoy a nice quiet lunch.

No comments: