Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What have I achieved so far?

It has recently hit me that we are now in the dying moments of 2006. What have I done with my life this year of the Dog? Apart from making our BIGGEST EVER FINANCIAL COMMITMENT ie. buying a house, everything else seems to be falling in to place. There has also been a lot of growing up by the other half. Life has become one big cycle. Wake up, work, eat, sleep, potter round the house, see weekends flash by and come Monday think where did the weekend go???!! Have parents and friends constantly asking so when are you guys planning on having a baby? (answer: I don’t know). What happened to those years when I could go out as late as I want and still wake up and function normally the next day? Hang out with the friends whenever we had a free moment – now the majority have settled all over the world. Eat anything what I want and still fit comfortably in to those jeans. And most importantly when the boobs were still nice and perky. Nowadays it feels like the knees are chanting please come down and play with us.
This year has been particularly difficult for me compared to recent years. Whether you believe is or not, in the Chinese horoscope, the dog is the least compatible with my animal sign. Hence this year of the dog proved to be quite frustrating at times. This could be why it felt like this year was one filled with roadblocks, huge bumps and some major obstacles. As much as I want to keep on pushing ahead, nothing has been going my way so I end up getting very frustrated and myself and the situation. However I still remind myself that there are others in far worst situations than me. I was once told by a face reader that whilst I will experience some fairly big shit in my lifetime, fate has determined that I will always fall on my feet, and things will not always be as bad as it could be. Others won’t be as fortunate.

Finally I realize that my relationship with my sister has improved significantly this year. Perhaps it me changing and mellowing, maybe she’s changing. But things are much better now than they ever were.

No comments: